EarthWorks® and Excavation Software
EarthWorks allows you to perform excavation take-offs much faster than the traditional "by-hand" methods. By using a digitizer board you can trace in your existing and proposed elevation information from a paper grading plan, or import AutoCAD files, to calculate the import or export for the site that you are bidding on.
EarthWorks also calculates topsoil quantities and building materials that will be needed for the site. Once EarthWorks has calculated your take-off you can access many different views of the site, such as a cut and fill view, and check your work to make sure that the quantities that are generated are accurate and complete.
EarthWorks allows you to enter your grading information using simple, common sense methods. With three easy steps you can enter an existing or proposed contour line, and make any changes to that line by simply right-clicking on it. EarthWorks is also flexible in how you enter your information, you can find the easiest way for you, not the other way around.
- Trace in Contour Lines, Topsoil Stripping and Re-spread Areas, Sub-grade and Demolition Areas, Work Areas and Excluded Areas.
- Digitize Point to Point lines and Point Elevations.
- Calculate material quantities and tonnage for your building pads and parking lots.
- Add up to 99 strata in an unlimited number of borings.
- Calculate over-excavation volumes and replace with engineered fill or re-compacted fill.
- Measure lengths, segments, areas and counts
- Generate rough staking reports from any baseline.
- Calculate plan-view pipe trench lengths, bedding and backfill volumes.
- Work in either English or Metric and freely convert one to the other.
- Automatically balance the site to give zero net import/export.
- View 3-D maps, existing, over-excavated or proposed elevation color maps and cross-sections.
- Print 3-D views, plan views, over-excavation grids, cut and fill grids and cross-sections in color.
- Print sub-total reports by area.
- Built in Showmen videos take you step-by-step, with narrated instruction, through all of the important functions in EarthWorks.
- Verify your commands and elevations with "Voice Verification".
- Catch elevation errors easily with the site Min/Max feature.
- Right click objects for easy editing.
AutoCAD Import (EarthWorks Pro Only)
- Now you can skip the digitizing step and simply import your AutoCAD file.
- EarthWorks Pro has many editing tools to help you correct incomplete files.
- AutoCAD software is not required to import drawings.
Easy To Learn
- Built in ShowMe Videos provide narrated instruction on EarthWorks features.
- Large icons provide easy access to all common takeoff functions.
- Status bar instructions provide step-by-step guidance.
- Call up extensive on-line help with a single keystroke
- Comprehensive 160 page color manual.
- Knowledgeable technical support is only a phone call away.
- On-line training sessions available
Easy to Use
- Trace in the drawing's elevations and watch them appear on-screen.
- Mis-trace a line? Just tap the backspace key to correct it.
- Use the NEXT button to automatically increment contour elevations.
- "Voice Verification" lets you verify your commands without looking away from the drawing.
Easy to Edit
- Backspace while tracing elevations.
- Revise an elevation by clicking on it, then make your correction.
- Delete single elevations or in groups.
- Selectively display elevations by type.
- Edit incorrect elevations automatically.
TrenchWorks is the quick and easy way to handle Pipe and Utility Trench Estimation. You can enter your elevation and station information from your trench profile and select you materials. Your totals are instantly displayed. Trench profile information can be entered using your keyboard or with a digitizer. With clear on-screen graphics, well-labeled buttons, status line prompts, and extensive online help, you will quickly master this powerful program.
TrenchWorks allows you to quickly and easily calculate:
- Excavation quantities including bedding, backfill, native fill, total cut and export volumes
- Pipe lengths by material type
- Bedding and backfill material volumes by material type
- Strata cut volumes
- Simply enter elevation and station information from your trench profile and select your materials. As soon as you complete the information, your totals are displayed
SectionWorks is road, railway, and canal cross-section estimation software for calculating excavation, strata cut and material quantities.
SectionWorks allows you to quickly and easily calculate:
- Excavation quantities including cut, fill, and import-export
- Strata cut volumes
- Paving material volumes and tonnage
- Mass diagrams showing the accumulated import/export volumes
- Simply enter elevation and paving material information from your cross-section drawings. As soon as you complete the information, your totals are displayed.